Before we close up shop for the week, I wanted to send us off into this momentous weekend with some uplifting artwork by that celebrates color and life. So many people in our community are traveling to participate in marches across the country tomorrow, and I want to wish everyone (marching or not) a safe weekend and safe spaces in which to speak up and make your voices heard. So much of what we do here at Design*Sponge is about providing inspiration and a safe space to find your voice, both literally and figuratively, and I applaud everyone who is taking steps toward becoming more involved in the world and systems around them. No matter your viewpoint, all points of view and all constructive conversations (and debates) will always be welcome here. I know this site is a respite from life’s difficult moments for so many people, but I hope we can continue to be a place where we embrace the beauty and creativity in life while still digging deeper to understand the things that make it complicated and challenging. Thanks for being a part of the dialogue and for being here. Safe travels, everyone. xo, grace
You can check out more of Sara’s incredible work on her website and on her Instagram feed.
- As a pretty petite person, I am thrilled to be (you can for us for the next few weeks!). It’s actually an award for social media feeds, but I think it’s pretty fitting for someone who’s never made it past five feet.
- Speaking of incredible hues, is a much-needed burst of color.
- If bright colors aren’t enough, Oh Joy! has an awesome.
- Because safety should be as beautiful as everything else in your home: .
- These .
- Uppercase Magazine did a great story with Nicole LaRue on and “graphics for a cause.”
- Products: 10 Winter Wallpapers from Spoonflower, 10 Bold + Colorful Patterns for 2017
- Before & After: A Modern Multigenerational Family Home in Scarsdale, NY
- Interiors: A Brooklyn, NY Apartment Layered with Texture and Color, A Golden Modern Playhouse in Sacramento, CA, An Apartment That Finds New Life in Old Things, In Mexico, a Masterclass in Wallpaper and Bold Color, A Maximalist/Minimalist Family Ranch in Austin, TX
- DIY: 3 Ways to Add Color & Warmth with Tassels, 2 Ways to Update the Humble Wooden Stool with Pattern & Color
- Food: 3 Warm Meals To Get You Through The Winter Months